Literacy Resource Center (LRC)
Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays, 9am - 5:30pm; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00am-5:00pm; Fridays by appointment
What is the LRC?
A children's literature library and instructional technology resource center provided for all undergraduate and graduate education students to explore and evaluate children's literature, subscribe to services to help them grow their own libraries at home, and check out an array of instructional technologies available to them for enrichment and for completing class projects.
- Children's literature in a variety of genres including: modern fantasy, traditional fantasy, realistic fiction, historical fiction, biography, informational, poetry, and multicultural
- Leveled books
- Teacher resource books
- Big books
- Books on tape
- Author packs
- Multiple copy book sets
- Chapter books for middle school
- Monthly Scholastic book order forms - an economical way to grow your own library
- Apple iPads
- SMART Response classroom sets
- Flip video cameras
- Advanced digital video cameras, tripods, and other video equipment for filming
- Headphones and micorophones
- iPEVO pocket document cameras
All items can be checked out for up to 2 weeks, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.